The San Antonio River Foundation is pleased to offer sponsorship to qualifying nonprofits and educational organizations. A sponsorship entails waived fees, in whole or in part, for use of Confluence Park facilities. To be eligible, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- An organization must be an IRS designated 501(c)3 nonprofit (proof of nonprofit status will be required) or a traditional or nontraditional educational institution.
- An event must align with at least one element in the San Antonio River Foundation’s mission to enhance the San Antonio River Basin as a vibrant cultural, educational, ecological, and recreational
- An event, or registration for an event, must be open to the general public. Exceptions for non-public events may include those by special interest groups, examples: students, seniors. Member-only events do not qualify with the exception of special interest groups, examples: scouts, school groups. Events may be closed to the public if registration is full.
- Fundraising events do not qualify for sponsorship. Events which require a modest entry fee are approved on a case by case basis.
To apply, email the organization’s IRS Letter of Determination or current W9 to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Name of the nonprofit or educational organization
- Event organizer’s full contact information- Name, address, email, phone
- A brief description of the event applying for fee exemption including why the event qualifies for sponsorship.
Any organization whose event is being sponsored must acknowledge the San Antonio River Foundation through logoed promotion and provide an in-kind donation receipt.
Submission does not guarantee sponsorship. Please send all questions to the San Antonio River Foundation at email@example.com or call the San Antonio River Foundation office at (210) 224-2694. Thank you for your interest in sponsorship, we look forward to building a partnership with your organization.